- Grants And Awards from the Luce's Trust
Henry Luce Foundation Awards $240,000 to the Harvard Divinity
School for Urban Ministry Programs
Harvard Divinity School has received a three-year grant of
$240,000 from the Henry Luce Foundation to continue support for
the school's program in urban ministry. The grant will enable
the school to continue the Lecturers in Urban Ministry and the
Urban Ministry Fellows, both of which provide ministerial students
with opportunities to work with inner-city clergy and lay leaders.
FCnote: The Henry Luce Foundation, Inc. (NY) had assets of
$938,307,513 and made grants totaling $34,450,717 in the year
"Henry Luce Foundation Renews Support for Divinity School's
Urban Ministry Program." Harvard University Gazette 6/1/2000.
- Some Related Grants:
Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, CA - To
support research and publication on traditions of leadership
in ten religious groups. A two-year grant of $70,000.
- The Trilateral Commission, New York, NY For
a study group on East Asia and the international system. A two-year
grant of $100,000.
- Long Island University, Brooklyn, NY To establish
a Center for Urban Educators. A three-year grant of $1,500,000.
- Public Affairs
- Center for National Policy CNP , Washington, D.C.
a conference examining model programs that prevent youth violence.
A one-time grant of $90,000.
- Planned Parenthood of New York City, Inc., New York,
NY - To support the training of teachers who work with teenagers.
A two-year grant of $150,000.
- Teachers College Colombia University, New York, NY
To support the Education Leadership Institute. A two-year grant
- YMCA of greater New York, New York, NY To support
the Chelsea Vibes Program. A three-year grant of $150,000.
- The American Assembly, New York, NY To support the
Religion Assembly of the "Uniting America" series.
A one-time grant of $200,000.
- Aquinas Institute of Theology, St. Louis, MO
A project to integrate lay graduates into parish ministries.
A three-year grant of $300,000.
- Baylor University, Waco, TX To support the development
of faculty for the Master of Social Work program. A three-year
grant of $240,000.
- Church of the Nazarene, International Board of Education,
Kansas City, MO To support an international academy for
faculty development. A three-year grant of $300,000.
- Eastern Baptist Theological Seminary, Wynnewood, PA
To support the Eastern School of Christian Ministry and
continuing education for pastors. A three-year grant of $300,000.
- Interdenominational Theological Center, Atlanta, GA
To support a program for leaders of black churches. A
one-time grant of $45,000.
- McCormick Theological Seminary, Chicago, IL - To establish
the Henry Winters Luce Chair in World Christianity and Mission.
A grant of $1,500,000.
- Pacific School of Religion, Berkeley, CA To establish
the Institute for Leadership Development and Study of Pacific
and Asian North American Religion. A three-year grant of $270,000.
- Pittsburgh Theological Seminary, Pittsburgh, PA -
To support research and publication of the History of the World
Christian Movement, and its dissemination to theological schools
in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. A two-year grant of $160,000.