- [EDNOTE: I was going through files for October 2005 and came
across this report. How there have been such a turn around? FATAH
OUTPOLLS HAMAS IN PALESTINIAN ELECTIONS
- By STEVEN ERLANGER - October 2, 2005 - New York Times - JERUSALEM,
October 1 - In final results of West Bank elections in 104 municipalities,
the dominant Fatah faction won control of 51 councils,
while the radical Islamic group Hamas won 13, officials
said Saturday. Other factions, mostly local groupings of large
families or clans, won control of the other 40 councils, according
to Jamal al-Shobaki, head of the Palestinian election commission,
who released the final figures to reporters in Ramallah. Fatah
won 54 percent of the vote, electing 547 council members, and
Hamas won 26 percent, electing 265 members. Turnout was 84 percent
in this third round of local elections, with a final and more
important round, involving the major cities of the West Bank
and Gaza Strip, expected in December. End of ednote.]
- WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A JEW! BY AN
- From: Simantov Allalouf <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- What it means to be a Jew ! by an Israeli woman I love being
an Israeli, I love being a Jew and I love being an Israeli Jew!
- I am not the least afraid to go any place, By bus or to a
mall. I didn't change or stop doing anything I used to do before
this mess began!
- People tend to forget that twice the casualties From terror
get killed on the roads! More people still die from heart attack,
cancer, And other things, They just don't show them on TV.
- Don't misunderstand me, There IS a war going on, It's not
pleasant, But, lets face it:
- WE HAVE NEVER BEEN BETTER OFF!!!! It's only TV and the media
that make people think That the end of the world is coming. Only
60 years ago, they were leading Jews to their death Like sheep
to the slaughter!
- No Country, No Army. 55 years ago!! Seven Arab countries
declared war On the little Jewish State, Only a few hours old!!
- We were then 650,000 Jews! Against the rest of the Arab world!
No IDF [Israel Defense Force]. No mighty Air Force, Just tough
people With nowhere to go.
- Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Egypt, Libya, Saudi Arabia,
attacked all at once.
- The country the UN "gave us" Was 65% desert.
- The country started from scratch! 35 years ago!! We fought
The three strongest armies in the Middle East, And wiped them
out in six days.
- We fought against Different coalitions of Arab countries,
With modern armies, And masses of Soviet Russian weapons, And
we still won!!!
- We have today A country, An army, A strong Air Force, A Hi-Tech
Economy, exporting millions.
- Intel - Microsoft - IBM develop their stuff here.
- Our doctors win world prizes For medical developments. We
made the desert flourish, Selling oranges and vegetables to the
world. Israel has sent its own satellite into Space!! Three satellites
- We sit proudly, With the US, with 250 million people , With
Russia, with 200 million people, With China, with 1.1 billion
people, With the Europeans -- France, England, Germany, with
350 million people,
- The only countries in the world To shoot something into space!!
Israel is today In the world nuclear power family With the US,
Russia, China, India, France, and England. [We don't admit it,
but every one knows...]
- To think that only 60 years ago, We were led, Shameful, With
no hope, To our death!!
- We crawled out of the burning ashes of Europe, We won our
wars here with less than nothing in our hands, We built an "empire"
out of nothing.
- Who the hell was Mr. Arafat To make me Scared? To make me
- You make me laugh!
- Passover was celebrated; Let's not forget what the story
is all about. We overcame Pharaoh, We overcame the Greeks, We
overcame the Romans, We overcame the Inquisition in Spain, We
overcame the Pogroms in Russia, We overcame Hitler, We overcame
the Germans, We overcame the Holocaust, We overcame the armies
of the seven Arab countries, We overcame Saddam. Take it easy,
folks, We will overcome The present enemies too.
- No matter Which part of human history you try!
- Think of it, For us, The Jewish people, Our situation has
never been better!!!
- So, Let's Lift our Heads High, Let's Remember:
- Any nation or culture That tried to mess around with us Was
destroyed - while we kept going!!!
- Egypt? Anyone know where their empire disappeared to? The
Greeks? Alexander of Macedonia? The Romans? Does anyone today
speak Latin? The Third Reich? Anyone heard any news about it
- And look at us, The Nation from the Bible, From Slavery in
Egypt, We are still here, Speaking the same language!!
- Right here, right now. The Arabs don't know it yet, But,
they will learn that there is one God
- As long as we keep our identity, We are eternal.
- So, sorry for not worrying,
- Not bitching, Not crying, Not being scared.
- Things are O.K. here. They surely can be better,
- But still:
- Don't fall for the media junk, They won't tell you That there
are Festivals going on, That people keep on living, That people
are going out, That people are seeing friends. Yes, our morale
is low, So what?
- It's only because we weep for our dead While they enjoy the
- This is the same reason why, We will win, after all.
- You can forward this e-mail If you choose. To the whole Jewish
community, And to people throughout the world.
- They are part of our strength. It might help some of them
To keep their heads up high.
- Tell them That there is nothing to worry about.
- Tell them to think BIG, and To see the whole picture.
- THANK GOD FOR HIS PROMISE IS FOREVER
- "See You Next Year in Jerusalem
- WHERE IS CHABAD HEADING?
JPOST.COM - by MARVIN SCHICK - Jan. 9, 2006
Chabad, the Lubavitch movement,
is the Walmart of Jewish life, a mega-phenomenon that keeps growing
at a remarkable rate by entering new and underserved areas, and
by exploiting the vulnerability of existing service providers.
- Growth provides the impetus and resources for additional
growth. Walmart uses loss leaders to attract customers, the aim
being to get them to buy profitable items and to further weaken
and dishearten the competition. In Chabad there is the perhaps
unintended defining of Judaism downward, the aim being to attract
participants and to maintain for them at least a tenuous connection
with Jewish life. In the process, there is often the further
weakening of existing religious institutions as well as the acceptance
- it is more than tolerance - of what should not be accepted
in Orthodox Jewish life.
- This aspect of Chabad was displayed recently at the annual
gathering in the Crown Heights section of Brooklyn of several
thousand shlichim (the movement's field workers), an event for
which the description "impressive" is greatly inadequate.
- The keynote speaker was Alan Dershowitz, a choice that accords
with the familiar societal instinct to idolize celebrityship.
This choice was also antithetical to what Chabad should stand
for. My point is not about Dershowitz, who can say and believe
whatever he wants. It's for history to decide whether his extended
15 minutes of fleeting fame will leave even faint fingerprints
on law, society or Jewish life.
- IT IS WRONG and hypocritical for Chabad to highlight a person
who has written nastily about Orthodox Jews, who has welcomed
intermarriage in his family, and who has exalted marrying out.
Any attempt to justify what was shameless is no more than sophistry,
although it will further the process of self-deception that has
already gone too far.
- If this were an isolated incident it could be excused, though
not defended, as a lapse in judgment. But Chabad is on a roll
and, like with others on a roll, there is scant incentive for
self-reflection, for a pause to consider where the movement is
- Chabad telethons and fundraising, and the acceptance of severe
anti-halachic behavior in too many situations, add to the concern.
Too much of what now has the Chabad imprimatur bears little resemblance
to how the movement once operated. Full story: http://www.cephas-library.com/israel/israel_where_is_chabad_heading.html
- SAVING DIASPORA JEWRY - PART - 1 & 2
by Harry W. Weber - Jan 05, '06 / 5 Tevet 5766 - Recently, a
friend told me that his wife flew from Israel to Malibu to attend
her niece's wedding. The scenery overlooking the Pacific Ocean
was breathtaking, but so were some other details of the affair.
The groom was a Gentile, yet a "rabbi" performed the
ceremony, reciting all the traditional blessings, "consecrating"
in a Jewish (sic) wedding the union of a Jewess to a Gentile.
- The bride's father, an Israeli engineer who had emigrated
down to America some thirty years ago, insisted on a Jewish wedding.
So, all the Gentile guests dutifully donned those funny, glossy
yarmulkas and went along with the farce. On the surface, another
typical Jewish wedding. Yet, how grotesque. How outrageous. How
ridiculous. This is the depth to which Reform and Conservative
Jewry has sunk -- the depth of farce.
- The state of Diaspora Jewry has never been worse. In fact,
the better the economic, political and social standing of Jews
outside Israel, the worse their state as Jews. In just two hundred
years of so called "emancipation", Jews have succeeded
in destroying their three-thousand-year-old heritage as God's
chosen people, the ones meant to be a nation of priests and a
holy nation, a light onto the nations. That national dream has
been usurped totally by an individualistic dream -- to rise in
the social-economic-political ladder of each and every host nation.
Full story: http://www.cephas-library.com/israel/israel_saving_diaspora_jewry.html
- SANHEDRIN RECOGNIZES COUNCIL TO TEACH
HUMANITY ´LAWS OF NOAH´
16:08 Jan 10, '06 / 10 Tevet 5766 - By Ezra HaLevi - A
group of non-Jewish delegates have come to <?xml:namespace
prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"
/>Jerusalem to pledge their loyalty to the Laws of Noah. They
appeared before the nascent Sanhedrin, which established a High
Council for B'nai Noach.
The ten delegates appeared before a special session of the Jewish
High Court of 71 Rabbis led by its Nassi (President) Rabbi
Adin Even-Israel Steinsaltz. B'nai Noach, literally "Children
of Noah," also known as Noahides, are non-Jews who take
upon themselves the Torah's obligations for all members of the
human race. The seven such laws were passed on via Noah following
the Flood, as documented in Genesis (see below).
The gathering took place under a banner quoting the Biblical
passage in Tzefania 3:9which refers to "all the nations...
speak[ing] a pure language... proclaim[ing] the name of G-d."
Adin Even-Israel Steinsaltz addresses the Noahide Council members
The Noahide delegates stood before the nascent Sanhedrin, which
was reestablished over a year ago in Tiberias, following the
of Biblical ordination, and has met regularly since then.
"Each one [of the B'nai Noach] comes with a name he has
made in the world, as a teacher and example in his community
of observance of the seven laws of Noah," said Rabbi Michael
Bar-Ron, the Sanhedrin's emissary who facilitated
the council's organization, introducing the delegates. "At
great physical and financial expense, they have flown across
the world to Jerusalem, the holy city, to pledge before the court
and all mankind, their allegiance to the Seven Laws of Noah,
the laws of the Creator."
B'nai Noah delegates sit before members of the nascent Sanhedrin
Each of the Noahide representatives stood before the Sanhedrin
"I pledge my allegiance to HaShem, G-d of Israel, Creator
and King of the Universe, to His Torah and its representatives,
the developing Sanhedrin. I hereby pledge to uphold the Seven
Laws of Noah in all their details, according to Oral Law of Moses
under the guidance of the developing Sanhedrin. May HaShem bless
and aid me, my fellow council members and all B'nai Noach in
all our endeavors for the sake of His name. Blessed are You G-d,
King of the universe, who has caused me to live, sustained me,
and brought me to this day."
- For full story: http://www.cephas-library.com/israel/israel_sanhedrin_recognizes_council_to_laws_of_noah.html
- 100 MILLION WERE MURDERED BY COMMUNISM
- Judaic Communists The Documentary Record by Michael A. Hoffman
II - Statement of Richard Nixon 1971 as recorded at the White
House on tape and released by the National Archives in 1999.
The reference is to Whittaker Chambers and Alger Hiss. (Sources:
N.Y. Times, Oct. 7, 1999 and Newsweek, Oct. 18, 1999, p. 30)
"It is legitimate to adopt a critical attitude toward the
relatively large number of Jews who particularly in the first
decade after the Bolshevik revolution collaborated with the Soviet
Government in the persecution of other peoples."
Statement of researcher Michael Mills, an official of the government
of Australia at Canberra. (Source: Forward, March 10, 2000)
Judaic Professor Arno Mayer of Princeton in his important book,
Why Did the Heavens Not Darken? states that the German invasion
of Russia was carried out with the intention to eradicate Bolshevik
(Soviet Communist) ideology. The Germans were hardly the only
ones in the West to believe that, "Soviet Russia is a dictatorship
of Jewry." http://www.cephas-library.com/israel/israel_judaic_communists_the_documentary_record.html
- TALKS CONTINUE BETWEEN ISRAEL AND THE HOLY SEE IN POST-SHARON
Tel Aviv (AsiaNews) http://www.asianews.it/view.php?l=en&art=5094
"Negotiations continue between Israel and the Holy See to
reach a comprehensive bilateral accord, despite the difficult
political situation in Israel following Ariel Sharon's illness.
Delegations of the Holy See and the State of Israel have continued
today, Wednesday, January 11, their negotiations aimed at reaching
the "comprehensive agreement" mandated by the 1993
Fundamental Agreement, on the fiscal status of the Church in
Israel, and on safeguarding ecclesiastical property, especially
Holy Sites. The previous meeting took place last November 24;
parties have agreed to hold their next meetings on May 17 and
18. In the meantime the bilateral "Working Group" on
properties the Churches wishes to recover will continue its work,
and other consultations also will continue between the parties'
Sharon's departure from the political scene could cause some
worry to the Catholic negotiators, given Premier Sharon's decisive
role in making his colleagues and subordinates take seriously
the relationship with the Catholic Church and resume negotiations
with the Holy See, even when other government elements were inclined
to go in other directions.
It was Washington that persuaded Sharon of the importance of
paying due attention to the Catholic Church, and it will fall
to Washington to continue to press this matter on his successors,
both before and after elections in Israel.
Because so many sites filter attachments, under separate cover
you will receive a history of the Vatican's recent ploys to wrest
Jerusalem from Israel. I can only hope it will inspire you to
acquire my new DVD: ZION FIRST, THE VATICAN'S NEW CRUSADE AGAINST
Barry Chamish: "I watched the completed DVD in full for
the first time yesterday. It is well more than a lecture by me.
The second hour includes expert evidence by historian, Dr. Asher
Edar and lots of pertinent questions by the audience. This DVD
takes you inside a most important gathering in Jerusalem and
you do feel you're there.
The DVD is available at email@example.com are my English
books; Shabtai Tzvi, Labor Zionism And The Holocaust; Save Israel!;
Who Murdered Yitzhak Rabin; Israel Betrayed; The Last Days of