- Visit 'Peace In Jerusalem'
- for more comprehensive
ongoing reports by Retired Pastor/Teacher James McCutchan - Jmccutchan@aol.com
- ISRAEL CONCEDES JERUSALEM BEFORE NEGOTIATIONS EVEN BEGIN
- I. In accordance with the "New Jerusalem Covenant Plan",
Israel has conceded control of Jerusalem and her holy places
before negotiations with the Palestinians even begin!
- The Rothschild's 500 million franc purchase of the Temple
Mount and several thousand surrounding acres may be about to
be brought into public view; however, great war will instantly
break out when Muslims realize that the Illuminati controls
the entire area!
- ISRAEL CONCEDES JERUSALEM BEFORE NEGOTIATIONS EVEN BEGIN
Also agrees to forfeit holy sites to be governed by 'special
- Posted: September 01, 2010 - 11:21 am Eastern - By Aaron
Klein - WorldNetDaily - Sign in Kfar Akeb boasting of 'American
gift' to Palestinian Authority - JERUSALEM Ahead of the
start of today's Mideast summit in Washington, the Israeli government
publicly conceded sections of Jerusalem will become part of a
Palestinian state while holy sites would be governed by a "special
- Speaking in an interview with Israel's Haaretz newspaper,
Defense Minister Ehud Barak outlined a deal with the Palestinians:
"West Jerusalem and 12 Jewish neighborhoods that are home
to 200,000 residents will be ours. The Arab neighborhoods in
which close to a quarter million Palestinians live will be theirs."
- "There will be a special regime in place along with
agreed upon arrangements in the Old City, the Mount of Olives
and the City of David," added Barak.
- Barak told the newspaper what is needed "is courage
to make historic, painful decisions. I'm not saying that there
is certainty for success, but there is a chance. This chance
must be exploited to the fullest."
- Israel annexed northern and eastern Jerusalem, including
the Old City and the Temple Mount, during the 1967 Six-Day War.
The Palestinians, however, have claimed eastern Jerusalem as
a future capital.
- About 244,000 Arabs live in Jerusalem, mostly in eastern
neighborhoods, out of a total population of 724,000, the majority
Jewish. Many of Jerusalem's Arabs live illegally on Jewish-owned
- A WND investigation previously determined the U.S. has been
aiding the Palestinians in developing infrastructure in eastern
Jerusalem, including on property owned by Jews.
- U.N. school for Palestinians illegally built on Jewish property.
The situation has been unfolding in the northern Jerusalem neighborhoods
of Kfar Akeb, Qalandiya and Samir Amis, which are close to the
Jewish neighborhoods of Neve Yaacov and Pisgat Zeev in Israel's
capital. Kfar Akeb, Qalandiya and Samir Amis are located entirely
within the Jerusalem municipality. Over 100,000 Arabs live in
- Jews lived in Kfar Akeb, Qalandiya and Samir Amis years before
the establishment of Israel in 1948, but they were violently
expelled during deadly Arab riots in 1929.
- Jordan, together with other Arab countries, attacked Israel
after its founding in 1948 and administered the three Jerusalem
neighborhoods as well as all of eastern Jerusalem following an
armistice agreement. In 1967, Jordan attacked again, and Israel
liberated the entire city of Jerusalem in the Six-Day War. During
the period of Jordanian control, some new construction took place,
including in areas previously purchased by Jews.
- A WND tour of the three Jerusalem neighborhoods found some
surprising developments. Official PA logos and placards abound,
including one glaring red street sign at the entrance to the
neighborhoods warning Israelis to keep out. Continued: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=197921
- ISRAEL UNLIKELY TO EXTEND CURRENT SETTLEMENT CURBS
(AP) 9.5.2010 - JERUSALEM Israel's defense minister
says a slowdown in West Bank settlement construction is unlikely
to continue in its current form after it expires at the end of
- But Ehud Barak says he does not believe Israel will entirely
cancel the 10-month curbs. Barak appeared to be leaving room
for a compromise that might allow the Palestinians to continue
the fragile direct negotiations that began in Washington last
- Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas says he warned Netanyahu
last week he will leave the talks if Israel doesn't extend the
slowdown. Barak noted that Israel had permitted limited construction
in settlements during the slowdown and he expects some construction
to continue after the Sept. 26 deadline.
- RAMALLAH, West Bank (AP) Palestinian President Mahmoud
Abbas says he has warned Israel's prime minister that he'll quit
peace talks unless Israel extends a curb on settlement construction.
- Abbas and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu launched negotiations
at a summit in Washington last week.
- A 10-month freeze on settlement housing ends Sept. 26, and
Netanyahu is under pressure from hardline allies to resume construction.
Netanyahu has not said what he will do. He told his Cabinet on
Sunday that creative solutions are needed to make the talks succeed.
However, Abbas told PLO activists in Libya late Saturday that
"if the freeze period is not extended by the end of the
month, there will be no negotiations." Abbas says he made
that clear to Netanyahu. Continued:
- SHOCK PLAN: PALESTINIANS SCHEDULED TO GOVERN JEWS
Netanyahu secretly proposed new plot in talks with Obama - posted:
September 06, 2010
8:02 pm Eastern - By Aaron Klein - WorldNetDaily - JERUSALEM
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu secretly has proposed
a new plan whereby Jews living in the West Bank will remain in
their communities after the territory becomes part of a Palestinian
state, WND has learned. Officials in both Israel and the Palestinian
Authority have confirmed the plan to this reporter, marking the
first time an Israeli leader has ever put on the table in a serious
way a proposal involving Jewish West Bank residents remaining
in a Palestinian state. Conventional negotiations always has
assumed an Israeli evacuation of its communities inside any territory
taken over by the PA.
- Is Israel already finished? Find out in Aaron Klein's "The
Late Great State of Israel"
- Middle East officials said the plan is being considered seriously
by the Obama administration, while the PA has been less than
enthusiastic. PA sources said they held a meeting last week over
- The full details of the plan, such as specific security guarantees
for the remaining Jews, were not disclosed.
- It was unclear how the Jewish residents of the West Bank
will react to a plan that would seemingly place their security
in the hands of the PA, whose militia members have carried out
scores of attacks targeting those very Jewish communities. PA
President Mahmoud Abbas has been on record multiple times speaking
against Jews living in a Palestinian state.
- Last month, Abbas drew condemnation from U.S. Jewish groups
when he was quoted stating that not only must a Palestinian state
be Jew-free, not even foreign Jews can serve in any NATO force
that protect a future Palestinian country. "I'm willing
to agree to a third party that would supervise the agreement,
such as NATO forces, but I would not agree to having Jews among
the NATO forces, or that there will live among us even a single
Israeli on Palestinian land," he was quoted as saying by
Wafa, the official Palestinian news agency.
- After his comments caused controversy, Abbas' aid, Nimar
Hamad, told Wafa that "Abbas is open to an international
force along Palestinian borders of any religion or origin."
- Meanwhile, Netyanyahu on Sunday alluded to new proposals
in peace negotiations.
- Debriefing his cabinet on his trip last week to Washington,
Netanyayu stated, "What is required is creative, novel thinking
in order to resolve these complex issues." http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=200129
HOUSE REPUBLICANS GIVING GREEN LIGHT FOR ISRAELI STRIKE ON IRAN
by Gil Ronen - Nearly one third of the Republican congressmen
in the U.S. House of Representatives have introduced a resolution
that would support Israel's right to use all means necessary
to confront and eliminate nuclear threats posed by Iran,
including military force.
- The resolution was introduced by Rep. Louie Gohmert [R-Texas]
and 46 co-sponsors.
- House Resolution 1553 condemns the Government of the
Islamic Republic of Iran for its threats of annihilating
the United States and the State of Israel, for its continued
support of international terrorism, and for its incitement of
genocide of the Israeli people.
- It supports using all means of persuading the Government
of Iran to stop building and acquiring nuclear weapons
and pledges that the U.S. will ensure that Israel continues
to receive critical economic and military assistance, including
missile defense capabilities, needed to address the threat of
- In addition, it expresses support for Israels
right to use all means necessary to confront and eliminate nuclear
threats posed by Iran, defend Israeli sovereignty, and protect
the lives and safety of the Israeli people, including the use
of military force if no other peaceful solution can be found
within a reasonable time.
- Iran lobby alarmed
The National Iranian American Council (NIAC), a pro-Iranian lobby
group, is up in arms over the proposed resolution. Continued:
- DANGER: THIRD QUAKE IN SIX WEEKS IN NUCLEAR IRAN
by Hillel Fendel - IsraelNationalNews.com - A third earthquake
in less than six weeks has hit Iran, killing at least three people
and injuring 21. The 5.9-magnitude quake hit the city of Damghan
in northern Iran, 175 miles east of Tehran, late Friday night.
Fifteen villages were reportedly damaged.
- Earthquake-prone Iran suffered a 5.7-quake on July 30. Some
300 people in northeastern Iran were injured at the time. Ten
days earlier, a 5.8-earthquake hit the south of the country,
killing at least one and injuring 32. Hundreds of homes were
damaged in both.
- Experts have warned that Irans propensity for earthquakes,
its non-strict building codes, and the fact that several of its
nuclear facilities are situated near densely-populated urban
areas could have catastrophic consequences for Iran, its neighbors,
and world oil prices. Experts estimate that an average of one
serious tremor hits the country every day.
- Seven years ago, 26,000 people were killed by a 6.6-magnitude
quake in the historic city of Bam in southeastern Iran. http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/139366
- POTENTIAL OF 4 BILLION BARRELS OF OIL OFFSHORE
by Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu - More optimistic reports continue to flow
from the giant Leviathan energy field off the Haifa coast. Following
previous higher estimates of gas and signs of oil,
the latest report points to a potential of 4 billion barrels
of black gold.
- The ramifications of the discovery are immense. If the estimates
materialize, Israel will become self-sufficient in energy, enjoy
a boon of employment for engineers and laborers, and will become
an exporter of gas and oil. The shekel, barring a conflict with
Hizbullah or Iran, may become rock-solid, dropping the representative
rate; Israel's shekel is now worth about 26.3 cents (3.8 shekels)
to the dollar.
- The announcement of the new estimates states that there is
a 17 percent chance of finding reserves equal to 3 billion barrels
of oil at a depth of slightly more than a mile undersea. The
oil field is slightly beneath the mammoth gas reserves that already
have been estimated to contain 13 trillion cubic feet of gas.
- There also is an 8 percent chance that another 1.2 billion
barrels exist at an even lower level. Earlier this month, oil
reserves at Rosh HaAyin, east of Tel Aviv and bordering Samaria,
were estimated to have a possible potential of 1.5 billion barrels
of oil but that commercial quantities will be much lower, if
at all. Israel's estimated oil consumption is slightly less than
100 million barrels a year.
- Yitzchak Teshuva, head of the Delek Group that is part of
the consortium probing the Leviathan field, has jubilantly exclaimed
that the gas reserves will turn Israel into an energy exporter.
- Officials added that a decision on whether to drill for the
oil reserves will not be made before October, when drilling for
the gas reserves at Leviathan 1 is to begin at a
cost of $150 million. The operation will last five months, and
a decision on drilling for oil may await the results of the gas
exploration; analysts have emphasized that the chances of huge
oil reserves are only 17 percent. However, every previous report
has so far proven to be overly conservative.
- A South African company will head the drilling, but if a
decision is made to drill at deeper levels for oil, a North American
company with experience at those levels will be contracted. Continued:
- OBAMA WARNS ABBAS: START TALKS OR ELSE
by Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu - A secret
36-page memo based on Obama administration statements indicates
that the president warned Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud
Abbas to start direct talks with Israel or risk losing American
support for the recognition of the PA as a country.
- The Associated Press reported it has possession of the document,
under the letterhead of the Palestinian Negotiations Department,
and that it indicates the warning came from President Barack
Obama via U.S. Middle East envoy George Mitchell.
- It shows that the Obama administration has resigned itself
to Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu remaining head of Israel's
coalition government. Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu
is not in political danger of being replaced, the document
- It adds that Abbas is under pressure from both the Arab world
and within the PA, whereby his consent to direct talks with Israel
would be political suicide for him. However, the
document warns, Abbas needs to accept direct talks now
if he wants President Obamas help in facilitating statehood.
The memo says that PA advisors are in favor of rejecting the
- Abbas told PA media on Sunday that he is resisting pressure
from the entire world to concede his long-stated
condition that Netanyahu extend the 10-month building freeze
that expires in late September. Continued:
- WHY I LEFT JUDAISM
- Br Nathanael On Video! - http://www.realzionistnews.com/?p=544
- I AM ISRAEL - YERUSHALAYIM VERSION
- SMOKING THE MIDEAST PEACE PIPE IN WASHINGTON
- By Bill Salus
- As Hurricane Earl barrels down on the East Coast reminding
Americans God's foreign policy of Genesis 12:3 is still effectually
intact, smoke signals are hovering over 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
Several Mideast leaders have converged upon Washington to discuss
the prospects of "Direct Talks" for peace. President
Obama, who pollsters suggest may be losing Democratic control
of the House and possibly the Senate come November, 2010, wants
peace pact between Israel and the Palestinians. Although
this peace pact concept hints of the biblical false covenant
prophesied in Daniel 9:27, it presents different time tables
that dismiss it from having prophetic implications. However,
this round of peace talks may prove to be prophetically critical.
Rumors of war in the Middle East have risen to an unprecedented
level. One wrong move could send potent missiles flying in multiple
- President Obama has invited a cast of moderate leaders to
encourage Direct Talks toward Middle East Peace.
They include Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel, former
Prime Minister Tony Blair of the UK, King Abdullah II of Jordan,
President Hosni Mubarak of Egypt, and President of the Palestinian
Authority Mahmoud Abbas. Together they plan to construct a one
to ten - year path to Mideast peace.
Although this is an interesting crew of leaders, whats
intriguing is the fact that Israels more threatening enemies
arent participating. The leadership of Iran, Syria, Lebanon,
Hezbollah, and Hamas, who have bonafide war pacts in place against
Israel, are still up to their wartime antics back in the Holy
Land. In fact Hamas, the democratically elected leadership of
the Palestinians since January, 2006, has vowed to disrupt direct
peace talks. [Youtube in article]: Continued: http://prophecynewsstand.blogspot.com/2010/09/smoking-mideast-peace-pipe.html
- SARKOZY WARNS WORLD POWERS WILL MOBILIZE AGAINST IRAN IF
NUCLEAR TALKS FAIL
Israel and Iran's Gulf Arab neighbors are concerned about its
increasing clout in the region and the prospect of it acquiring
nuclear weapons. By News Agencies
French President Nicolas Sarkozy in Paris on August 25, 2010.
Photo by: AP
- French President Nicolas Sarkozy told Iran on Wednesday that
failure to reach a credible agreement over its nuclear program
would force world powers to mobilize to protect threatened states
in the region.
- In an annual address to France's ambassadors, Sarkozy laid
out his foreign policy objectives as the country prepares to
take over the chair next year of the Group of 20 powers and the
narrower club of rich countries known as the G8. "If a credible
agreement cannot be reached, Iran's isolation would only worsen,"
Sarkozy said. "And in the face of worsening threat, we would
have to organize ourselves to protect and defend states that
- Many of Iran's Gulf Arab neighbors are concerned about the
Shi'ite state's increasing clout in the region and the prospect
that it might acquire nuclear weapons. Continued: http://www.haaretz.com/news/international/
- GARDEN TOMB THREATENED BY MUSLIM CONSTRUCTION
- More than a quarter of a million Christians visit Jerusalem's
Garden Tomb every year. The holy site is believed by many to
be the place where Jesus rose from the dead.
- But now, the sacred ground is in danger of being damaged
by a Muslim construction project. Garden Tomb Director Richard
Meryon showed CBN News the 15-foot wall being built above the
- "In the last few weeks the cemetery above has built
this wooden construction into which they are now ready to pour
hundreds of tons of concrete on top of our wall," he explained.
- Jerusalem's Islamic waqf is building the wall to enlarge
a Muslim cemetery. However, Meryon fears the construction could
bring a catastrophe.
- "Just beneath (the wall) we have three or four areas
where Christians are worshipping every day. So we have the potential
here in heavy rain or in snow, or even in one of those earth
tremors that Jerusalem is famous for -- you only need one of
those events to happen and this new wall could collapse,"
he said. "It could kill 200 visitors, pilgrims, and tourists
in the garden worshipping."
- The new wall also violates three local building codes and
does not have a city permit. The structure is supposed to be
built three feet away from any existing structure and permission
- "They have never sought my permission," Meryon
said. "We have been in active discussion and I am now negotiating
with them. I cannot allow them to build this wall until they
prove to me beyond all reasonable doubt that this wall is going
to be safe."
- A spokesman from the Muslim cemetery told CBN News they do
not have a license, but claim the new wall is safe. The mayor's
office also said officials will make sure the building is legal
so Jerusalem can remain open to tourists.
- "We walk through the garden, we're hearing groups of
people praising God, worshiping Him in every language from everywhere
and we have taken people through the garden literally from every
corner of the globe," one tour guide said.
- And the concrete wall is not the only construction Meryon
is worried about. He said recent digging on top of Golgotha next
to the Garden Tomb threatens the hill known as the Place of a
Skull. Many believe Jesus was crucified there.
- "Golgotha is mentioned in John 19, where Jesus was led
outside the city walls... into a place called Golgotha,"
- "Above Golgotha, in the last few days - bucket by bucket,
load by load - a lot of dirt has been imported above the rock
and below those graves on the skyline." he added. "I've
known for some weeks that they were thinking of building a minaret
- Meryon wants to make sure Golgotha and the Garden Tomb remain
- "This is a very important Christian holy site,"
he said. "And we just want to live here in peace and provide
this amazing opportunity for Christians all around the world
to come here and continue to worship and be exposed to the gospel."
- BARAK: ISRAEL MAY DIVIDE JERUSALEM INTERNATIONALIZE HOLY
by Chana Ya'ar - Israel National
News - 9.1.2010 - Defense Minister Ehud Barak says it is likely
that Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu will agree to divide Jerusalem
with the Palestinian Authority.
- Photo Barak and Fayyad in Jerusalem.
- Barak told the Hebrew-language newspaper Haaretz in an interview
published Wednesday that he believes the best chance for peace
lies in a peace deal in which all the Arab neighborhoods in Jerusalem
would be handed over to the PA in order to create a capital for
a new Arab country.
- If Netanyahu leads a process, a significant number
of rightist ministers will stand with him, he told the
newspaper. So what is needed is courage to make historic,
painful decisions. I'm not saying that there is certainty for
success, but there is a chance. This chance must be exploited
to the fullest.
- The peace plan described by Barak includes the following:
- * two states for two nations
- * an end to the conflict and the end of all future demands
- * demarcation of a border that will run inside the
Land of Israel dividing a demilitarized PA state from an
Israel that includes the settlement blocs
- * retrieving and relocating the isolated settlements
into the settlement blocs or within Israel
- * a solution to the refugee problem within the PA state,
or rehabilitating them through international aid
- * comprehensive security arrangements
- * a solution to the Jerusalem problem.
- As for the Jerusalem problem, Barak told the
newspaper that the western side of the city plus "12 Jewish
neighborhoods that are home to 200,000 residents will be ours.
The neighborhoods in which nearly 250,000 Arabs are living will
- In addition, Barak envisions a special regime
with agreed-upon arrangements to administer the Old
City, the Mount of Olives and the City of David.
- The concept is similar to one raised in the past by the administration
of former U.S. President Bill Clinton, who recommended the area,
which he referred to as the Holy Basin, be internationalized
under a special regime.
- Prior to his re-election as Israel's prime minister nearly
two years ago, Binyamin Netanyahu warned a gathering at the Jerusalem
Conference in January 2009 that leftist politicians would try
to internationalize the holy sites in Jerusalem and he
vowed to fight the move.
- Some politicians are trying to blur the importance
of the Temple Mount to the Jewish People by referring to it as
the 'Holy Basin', he told the crowd at the time. We,
as Jews, know who built the Temple Mount.
- Netanyahu promised the packed hall, We have demonstrated
in the past, and will continue to demonstrate our commitment
to a complete, undivided Jerusalem... Everyone knows what will
happen if we were to leave those areas and divide Jerusalem.
Someone will enter and that someone will be Hamas.
- Meanwhile, Barak told Haaretz that Tuesday night's murderous
attack by Hamas terrorists was a very serious incident,
the likes of which we haven't seen for a long time.
- Four Jews -- two men and two women, one of whom was nine
months pregnant -- were shot to death by a Hamas terrorist cell
on Highway 60 at the Bani Nayim junction, between the Jewish
community of Pene Hever and Hevron just as darkness fell, ending
the daily Muslim fast of Ramadan. According to security sources,
the terrorists had "confirmed the kill" by approaching
the car and firing at point-blank range once the victims were
already either seriously wounded or dead. Ten children were orphaned
by the attack.
- Barak countered demands by outraged politicians and community
leaders for Netanyahu to return from Washington, saying the attack
had no doubt been an attempt to harm the start
of the peace talks and urged Israelis to support the process.
- PRELUDE TO WAR? US TO SELL ISRAEL MASSIVE MILITARY FUEL STOCKS
WORTH $2 BILLION
- US to sell Israel massive military fuel stocks worth $2 bn
- DEBKAfile Exclusive Report August 28, 2010, 12:53 PM (GMT+02:00)
Japanese tanker sabotaged in Hormuz in JulyOn Aug. 6, the US
Defense Security Cooperation Agency, DSCA, informed Congress
of the sale to Israel of 60 million gallons of unleaded gasoline,
284 million gallons of JP-8 aviation jet fuel and 100 million
gallons of diesel fuel at an estimated cost of two billion dollars.
The date is significant, debkafile's intelligence sources find.
Ten days earlier, the Japanese tanker M.Star was attacked in
Omani waters of the Strait of Hormuz with 200,000 tons of oil.
Although American experts examined the vessel, they never attributed
the damage to sabotage by Iran or al Qaeda, despite the latter's
claim of responsibility on Aug. 4 While Washington did its best
to sweep the incident under the rug, Saudi intelligence were
worried enough about the threat inching dangerously close to
the Gulf's oil exporting lifeline to launch an independent investigation
of the incident.
Their investigators discovered it was staged by a Saudi terrorist
who operates out of Iran under the orders of the Revolutionary
Guards. To Riyadh, the episode looked like a blunt warning from
Tehran to Washington and its allies about the consequences -
not just of a direct strike against Iran's nuclear facilities,
but the possibility of sanctions upsetting the equilibrium of
the Islamic regime.
- Blockage of the Strait of Hormuz would cut off Israel's primary
source of fuel. Therefore, our sources report, a series of accords,
some of them secret, have been transacted to back up America's
standing commitment to keep Israel supplied with its energy needs
in the event of armed conflict or crisis on world fuel markets.
In its request to Congress to approve the sale, the DSCA noted:
"The proposed sale of the JP-B aviation fuel will enable
Israel to maintain the operational capability of its aircraft
inventory. The unleaded gasoline and diesel fuel will be used
for ground forces' vehicles and other equipment used in keeping
peace and security in the region. Israel will have no difficulty
absorbing this additional fuel into its armed forces." debkafile
adds: Israel is therefore ready and able to absorb this huge
injection of military-purpose fuels. Continued: http://www.debka.com/article/8997/
- 911 & NINE YEARS OF DECEPTION AND WAR
- THE PLANNED ROUTE OF THE TAPE GASLINE
- 09 August 2010 09:00 Christopher Bollyn ".....
The Rothschild group is deeply engaged in gold, diamond, and
gas and oil mining operations worldwide. Afghanistan is an extremely
wealthy nation in terms of mineral resources and it also occupies
a crucial location between the Mossad-controlled gas fields of
Turkmenistan and the lucrative markets for that gas in India
and China. The real object of the war in Afghanistan is to "pacify"
the Afghan resistance so that the long-planned TAPI pipeline
(from Turkmenistan to India) can be built across the southern
part of the nation (via Kandahar) in order to sell the Israeli-owned
gas to India and China. If such a pipeline can be completed it
would bring incredible wealth to the Israelis and their Rothschild
backers. The Rothchild family of London and Paris was the main
financier and driving force behind the creation of the state
of Israel, although most of the family continues to live in its
mansions in Europe .." Whole story:
- RUSSIA, ISRAEL AGREE TO BOOST MILITARY COOPERATION
- September 06, 2010 - Russia has signed a long-term agreement
with Israel on military cooperation, Russian Defense Minister
Anatoly Serdyukov said on Monday.
- "We have just signed a long-term agreement on military
cooperation between the two defense ministries. We have discussed
a number of issues of military technical cooperation," said
Serdyukov after meeting with his Israeli counterpart Ehud Barak.
The agreement laid out the framework for general directions of
bilateral military cooperation, Itar-Tass news agency cited a
ministry spokesman as saying.
- "It will create a legal basis for further agreements
on cooperation in specific areas and for contracts in the area
of military technical cooperation," said the spokesman.
Russia has bought 12 Israeli unmanned aerial vehicles, and some
50 servicemen are being trained to operate them, said Serdyukov.
The minister said the two countries were cooperating on a range
of issues in different areas, especially in the fight against
terrorism and non-proliferation.
- Source: Xinhua http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90777/90853/7131611.html
- EGYPT TO HOST SECOND ROUND OF DIRECT ISRAELI-PALESTINIAN
TALKS SEPT. 14TH
- September 06, 2010 - Egypt said on Sunday that it will host
the second round of Israeli-Palestinian direct talks in the Red
Sea resort of Sharm El-Sheikh on September 14. The new round
of talks will be held at the level of Palestinian President Mahmoud
Abbas and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, with U.S.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton attending, state-run MENA
news agency quoted Egyptian Foreign Ministry spokesman Hossam
Zaki as saying on Sunday.
- Egypt's independent daily El-Shorouk said preparations are
now underway to host the two-day talks which will be the last
before the expiration of Israel's settlement moratorium on Sept.
26. The new round of negotiations will be held on the eve of
a meeting of the council of Arab foreign ministers, during which
delegations of the Palestinians, Egypt and Jordan will review
a report about the outcome of the first round of direct talks
- The Israeli-Palestinian direct talks were officially launched
on Thursday in Washington following a five-party summit which
included U.S. President Barack Obama, Egyptian President Hosni
Mubarak, King Abdullah II of Jordan, Abbas and Netanyahu. http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90777/90854/7130424.html